Overview of Dynamics 365 Commerce 2021 release wave 1
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Commerce. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Commerce is a complete omnichannel commerce solution that enables organizations to engage with their customers, providing a delightful shopping journey across e-commerce, in-store, call center, and emerging channels like third-party marketplaces and social platforms. A unified back office streamlines centralized administration activities and facilitates the configuration and management of all touchpoints.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, organizations can run all their commerce-related operations on Dynamics 365 (or a third-party enterprise resource planning solution) while taking advantage of a powerful suite of applications like Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection for payment and account protection and in-store loss prevention, Dynamics 365 Connected Store (RAP as a Service) providing real-time observational data to improve in-store operations, and native integration with Microsoft Power Platform, enabling creation and execution of thousands of applications, flows, and intelligent agents with a smart, secure, and scalable low-code data platform.
Dynamics 365 Commerce enables organizations to deliver better business outcomes by:
- Establishing stronger brand loyalty through personalized customer engagements.
- Increasing revenue with improved employee productivity and support for emerging retail channels.
- Reducing overall costs by optimizing operations and driving supply chain efficiencies.
2021 release wave 1
The 2021 release wave 1 will further empower Dynamics 365 Commerce users to better understand, serve, and engage with their customers while efficiently running operations across the value chain. With frictionless information flow and in-process insights powered by the Dynamics 365 ecosystem, organizations will be better equipped than ever to realize the vision of digital transformation.
Dynamics 365 Commerce will release new capabilities in the following areas during this wave:
- Integrated B2B and B2C e-commerce offering in a single Commerce solution with unified merchandising and site management capabilities that enable a wide range of business models across industries and verticals.
- The ability to target digital commerce content by device, language, geography, and audience.
- Support for curbside pickup scenarios and task management via Microsoft Teams.
- Unlocking immersive AI-powered intelligent shopping features like shop similar looks and shop similar descriptions, which enable customers to view product recommendations based off visual cues or rich descriptions, all to drive greater return on investment.
- Intelligent product search through native integration with Bing for Commerce search.
- More robust lifecycle management to unify business processes across prepurchase and post-purchase scenarios through a native integration between Dynamics 365 Commerce, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and Power Virtual Agents.
- API enhancements and extension points built on a composable set of robust and flexible services.
- Ease of system monitoring with rich diagnostics in-store components and e-commerce services.
- Improved SEO management features for digital commerce pages and support for Openschema.org.