Nonstocked materials for projects
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Project Operations updates. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||Apr 1, 2021|
Tracking the pricing and use of nonstocked materials is a common need for project-based organizations. In 2021 release wave 1, Dynamics 365 Project Operations provides comprehensive experiences for estimating and tracking the use and consumption of nonstocked materials for project-based work. The key capabilities that will be included are:
- Estimating and pricing nonstocked materials during the sales cycle for a project.
- Tracking the use of nonstocked materials during project delivery.
- Integrating vendor costs from project-based vendor invoices for nonstocked items from Dynamics 365 Finance.
- Invoicing nonstocked material costs from usage and from vendor invoices.
- Accounting for material costs and revenue on projects.
Configure non-stocked materials and pending vendor invoices (docs)