Bill customers for maintenance work
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Feb 1, 2021||Apr 1, 2021|
Improve efficiency and transparency in the processes of creating, billing, and processing maintenance work done on your customer's assets.
This feature introduces capabilities that add efficiency and transparency when you create, process, and bill maintenance work, including:
- Create maintenance work orders on assets owned by your customers.
- Register time, material, expenses, and fees when processing work on assets owned by your customers.
- Bill customers for maintenance work done on assets owned by those customers.
This feature enables you to create, process, and bill maintenance work done on assets owned by your customers. It lets you do the following:
- Connect customers to the assets they own.
- Choose a customer and view the assets that customer owns when you create a work order.
- Set up a parent project for each customer.
- Automatically copy the project contract from a customer's parent project to the relevant work order project.
- Register hours, items, expenses, and fees against the work order and afterward create an invoice proposal for the customer.
In addition, Asset Management can now use the "fee" project transaction type both on work order forecasts and work order journals.