Direct outbound calling
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Overview of Dynamics 365 Customer Service. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||-||Nov 1, 2021|
The ability of agents to contact customers using voice calling remains one of the most important customer interaction methods in Dynamics 365 Customer Service. Direct outbound calling enables agents to contact customers using our native, fully integrated voice channel based on Azure Communication Services, where voice is another channel for agents and supervisors.
Agents can contact customers using voice calling. Direct outbound calls can be initiated using click-to-call directly from phone number fields in the following:
- Customer profiles
- Call back activities
- Ongoing chat conversations
- Via a phone dialer
Outbound calls are displayed as conversations in the conversation history, contextually per case/customer and timelines. Supervisors can monitor outbound calls just like any other customer interaction.
This feature includes the following key highlights:
- A fully integrated outbound voice channel without third-party voice integration.
- A sample outbound voice channel that's configured automatically on voice channel provisioning.
- Easy channel administration within the Omnichannel admin experience.
- Outbound voice conversations that are just another conversation type in Omnichannel.
- Ability for supervisors to monitor outbound calls from within the ongoing conversations dashboard like any other agent or customer interaction.
Call a customer (docs)