Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile usability enhancements
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to New and upcoming features in Field Service. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users, automatically||-||-||Apr 1, 2022|
With usability enhancements in the Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app, your frontline workers will get access to mobile-friendly experiences that will bring important information to the forefront, making it easier to edit information on mobile and tablet touch screens and reducing the number of taps needed to perform common tasks. These enhancements help reduce the time frontline workers need to spend in the app, and let them focus on the task at hand, whether it's fixing an asset or addressing customer concerns.
The following usability enhancements will be available as part of this feature:
- Date and time input fields will leverage default input controls provided by the device operating system.
- Mobile optimized device keyboards will be shown when interacting with numeric, phone, email, and URL input fields.
- Large format devices (such as tablets and PCs) will have a streamlined agenda view available as part of their booking calendar.
- Frontline workers will be able to upload both image and non-image files to the timeline from their mobile device.
- Customers' primary account phone numbers will be accessible directly on the Bookable Resource Booking Customer tab.
- The app interface will be streamlined by removing infrequently used commands, including Start Task Flow.