Update 18.1 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central online 2021 release wave 1
Would you like to know what has changed in update 18.1? Below you'll find an overview and relevant links to what has been done on hotfixes and regulatory features in this update. In addition, we have gathered some good to know information and links, you might find interesting.
Builds for Business Central version 18.1 on-premise are now available. For more information, see Update 18.1 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 Release Wave 1.
Find an overview of hotfixes in this article.
- Editing in Excel more reliably
- Support authentication of a SMTP connection using OAuth2
- Extension lifecycle telemetry include signal from dependent extensions
- Edit active prices in Prices Overview and implement price changes using Price Worksheet
- Send documents as emails with any attached files automatically added as email attachments
|Canada and US||Updates for Include Tax with partial shipping and prepayment credit memo|
|Italy||Changes in withholding tax declaration 2021|
|Italy||Updated for E-invoicing functionality|
|Belgium||Update for File Domiciliation in SEPA Direct Debit export|
If you want to get a comprehensive overview of what's new and planned for Business Central online for the entire 2021 release wave 1 (release from April 2021 through September 2021), find the link to the release plan here.
Upgrade to 18.1
Please note that new customers will automatically get the latest builds of Business Central (18.1). If you are an existing partner/customer, you will receive an email notification as soon as your environment has been upgraded.
Good to know
Support for migrating data from earlier on-premises versions of Business Central to 2021 release wave 1 (v.18)
With the Business Central cloud migration tool, customers can migrate their data from earlier on-premises versions of the product to their online Business Central environment, running on the latest version. We've added support for customers who are running on Business Central on-premises version 14, 15, 16, or 17 to migrate their data to version 18 of Business Central online. We've implemented the necessary data upgrade logic in the cloud migration tool, so customers don't have to upgrade their older version themselves in order to migrate their data to the latest online release.
US customers: Schedule minor updates and receive email notifications
US customers can now receive up-front email notifications seven days in advance and schedule minor updates of Business Central within 21 days. We have enabled this new capability to be available for US with 18.1, and plan to enable the same experience for all other countries with 18.2. Stay tuned for updates! Learn more: https://aka.ms/BCUpdates.
Business Central Office Hours Calls in May
Make sure to join the office hours calls around ‘Report Extensibility’ on May 4 and ‘Snapshot debugging’ on May 18. Register and stay tuned for the upcoming calls: https://aka.ms/BCOfficeHours.
Business Central Launch Event
You can still watch the 15+ on-demand sessions from the Business Central Launch Event. The sessions revolve around the new Dynamics 365 Business Central features and capabilities — everything from working with dimensions, permissions and entitlements, to product announcements and onboarding customers. Register for free: aka.ms/BCLE.
Updated versions of the Business Central mobile apps are being released to all three stores this month (covering some fixes and improvements):
- Fixed a problem where the Windows UWP desktop/tablet app was sometimes displaying blank screen on restart
- Fixed a problem when iOS mobile app running on-premises in certain conditions required the user to enter credentials with every login
- Fixed a problem with iOS mobile app related to failed download when previewing a report
- Fixed a problem with Android mobile app not being able to install on devices where a GPS module was disabled or missing
- Fixed connectivity problems with Business Central cloud
Please download and always use the latest version: Windows (Microsoft Store), iOS (Apple's App Store) or Android (Google's Play Store). Currently recommended versions of these apps are 3.2.x and 3.3.x (or later).