Create a legal entity
A legal entity is an organization that is identified through registration with a legal authority. Legal entities can enter into contracts and are required to prepare statements that report on their performance. The following procedure explains how to create a legal entity. The demo data company used to create this procedure is USMF.
- Go to Navigation pane > Modules > Organization administration > Organizations > Legal entities.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Company field, type a value.
- In the Country/region field, enter or select a value.
- Click OK. In the General section, provide the following general information about the legal entity: Enter a search name, if a search name is required. A search name is an alternate name that can be used to search for this legal entity. Select whether this legal entity is being used as a consolidation company. Select whether this legal entity is being used as an elimination company.
- Expand the Addresses section. In the Addresses section, click Edit to enter address information, such as the street name and number, postal code, and city.
- Expand the Contact information section. In the Contact information section, enter information about methods of communication, such as email addresses, URLs, and telephone numbers.
- Expand the Statutory reporting section. In the Statutory reporting section, enter the registration numbers that are used for statutory reporting.
- Expand the Registration numbers section. In the Registration numbers section, enter any information required by the legal entity.
- Expand the Bank account information section. In the Bank account information section, enter bank accounts and routing numbers for the legal entity.
- Expand the Foreign trade and logistics section. In the Foreign trade and logistics section, enter shipping information for the legal entity.
- Expand the Number sequences section. In the Number sequences section, you can view the number sequences that are associated with the legal entity.
- Expand the Images section. In the Images section, view or change the logo and/or dashboard image that are associated with the legal entity.
- Expand the Tax registration section. In the Tax registration section, enter the registration numbers that are used to report to tax authorities.
- Expand the Tax 1099 section. In the Tax 1099 section, enter 1099 information for the legal entity.
- Click Save.
Submit and view feedback for