Event planning and management
Live events and webinars are a vital sales and marketing channel. But events and webinars can be complex to arrange, execute, and follow up on. The Dynamics 365 Marketing event management feature helps you every step of the way, from initial planning and budgeting through promotion and publication, attendee registration, webinar broadcasting, final analytics, lead generation, and evaluation of ROI.
Key event-management features include:
- Seamless contact, registration, and attendance management features in one system.
- Business processes that guide users through the essential steps of event planning.
- Session, session track, and speaker management.
- Managing attendee passes to grant access to specific sessions or tracks.
- Venue management for tracking buildings, rooms, and room layouts.
- Guest logistics for registering hotels, room allocation, and reservations.
- Tracking sponsors and their sponsorships for each event.
- Creating Microsoft Teams webinars and live events.
- Reviewing the attendance history of each contact, including events and sessions attended.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice survey integration.
- A fully functioning event website you can publish that includes:
- Self-service attendee registration.
- Important details about all published events, including event name, venue, passes, session schedule, and speakers.
- All information drawn directly from your Dynamics 365 Marketing event-planning records, with updates automatically reflected on the event website.
To create, view, and edit your events and all event-related records, go to the Events work area of Dynamics 365 Marketing, where you can create a new event and—working from this single event record—add most of the other types of records and information that you need to plan, publish, promote, and analyze it. Like many types of records in Dynamics 365, the event record provides a customizable business process workflow that helps guide you through each step of the process.
Use other parts of the Events work area to work with specific record types that relate to event planning, such as logistics, sessions, attendees, sponsors, and more. Depending on what you are doing at the time, you might access these types of records when working in the parent event record, or you could go to the area dedicated to a specific record type to work with that type of record only, or work across events.
After your event, session, track, speaker, and pass records are all in place for an event, you are ready to publish it on the event website, where attendees can read about the event and register for it. You must also publish each related session and track that you want to show on the website for each event. More information: Publish events, sessions, tracks, and related records to the website
If you have created a Portal hosted event website, you must manually overwrite your sample website with the latest version to maintain functionality after applying any Dynamics 365 Marketing update.
Submit and view feedback for