Plan and prepare for Dynamics 365 Commerce in 2023 release wave 2
The 2023 release wave 2 plan covers all new functionalities planned to be delivered to market from October 2023 to March 2024. In this article, you'll find the product overview and what's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Commerce.
Retail, wholesale, and manufacturing organizations continue to face significant challenges due to evolving consumer buying habits and ongoing economic uncertainty. The industry has seen decreasing brand loyalty as customers gravitate toward more flexible digital commerce and easy, seamless, in-store, and curbside shopping experiences. At the same time, organizations must contend with inflationary pressures, supply chain challenges, increased employee turnover, and labor shortages as they attempt to drive revenue growth in an increasingly competitive retail landscape.
Dynamics 365 Commerce meets these challenges with an end-to-end solution that delivers seamless commerce across all channels by encompassing sales, mobility, intelligence, and productivity in a single platform to help customer-facing businesses achieve more. The solution enables comprehensive support to operate a broad range of business processes, including point of sale (POS), call center, e-commerce, clienteling, merchandising, inventory, and channel management while providing a unified and immersive customer experience for B2B and B2C engagements across physical and digital channels.
Organizations can leverage Commerce to drive better business outcomes by:
- Engaging customers across channels: Give your customers or partners the option to purchase when, how, and where they want—on any device—by delivering a frictionless and consistent engagement across physical and digital channels.
- Building your e-commerce presence: Grow your business with an integrated, end-to-end, unified digital commerce solution.
- Modernizing retail stores and streamlining operations: Create personalized and friction-free commerce experiences through user-friendly applications powered by robust back-office operations.
- Gaining agility and scalability through a natively headless solution: Support traditional and emerging channels by using an agile, API-driven headless commerce engine to help adapt to current and emerging needs. Employ a configurable and extensible platform that expands and grows to fit your business needs.
Key features for this release include:
- AI innovation with copilot: Leverage the power of AI to create engaging product enrichment marketing content for e-commerce sites.
- B2B investments: Distributors can view, accept, or reject orders, and buyers get a simpler, more streamlined signup experience.
- Inventory and pricing: Real-time inventory status is now available across channels via integration with Dynamics 365 Supply Chain’s Inventory Visibility Service to optimize sales and fulfillment. Contextual and flexible dynamic pricing capabilities enable new targeted pricing strategies.
- Localization: Streamline rollout of Store Commerce app in additional markets with deployment of localization features in Sweden and Eastern Europe.
AI innovation with Copilot Investments in this area will introduce AI-powered capabilities to enhance customer experiences and streamline operations. To leverage these capabilities, retailers can converse using natural language with Copilot in Dynamics 365 Commerce to accomplish tasks more swiftly and efficiently to better engage with their shoppers.
Digital Commerce Investments in this release include streamlining site management and design and adding key features and capabilities for digital sales channels.
Intelligent Order Management Built on a modern, open platform, Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management provides the flexibility companies need to capture orders from any order source, including e-commerce, marketplace, mobile apps, or traditional sources like electronic data interchange (EDI). Companies can fulfill those orders from their own warehouses, third-party logistics (3PL) providers, stores, or drop-ship with vendors or other delivery fulfillment partners using out-of-the-box, prebuilt connectors from an ecosystem of more than 200 Microsoft Power Platform connectors.
Intelligent Order Management leverages an integrated, real-time inventory visibility service, and a microservice built on Microsoft Dataverse that is highly scalable and extensible, providing a single, global view of the inventory positions across systems. Intelligent Order Management also uses distributed order management (DOM) to give real-time recommendations for each order, so they are fulfilled accurately and in a more cost-effective manner, improving supply chain efficiency to better meet customer expectations.
With Intelligent Order Management, brand owners gain real-time visibility into each step of the order journey, and fulfillment insights in real time through customizable and integrated dashboards that enable their supply chain team to overcome constraints and improve operational efficiency.
Omnichannel Commerce Investments in this release enable end-to-end omnichannel capabilities and unified back-office management and operations.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Dynamics 365 Commerce below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users, automatically" in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users by admins, makers, or analysts" in the release plan.
Get the most out of Commerce
|Release plan||View all capabilities included in the release.|
|Product updates||Stay up to date on latest product updates.|
|Release calendar||Know important release milestones.|
|Licensing||Improve your understanding of how to license Commerce.|
|Product documentation||Find documentation for Commerce.|
|User community||Engage with Commerce experts and peers in the community.|
|Upcoming events||Find and register for in-person and online events.|
|Product trials||Get started with Commerce.|