Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Service Update 231 Release Notes
Service Update 231 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 231.
Note: Service Update naming convention has been revised to clarify the link between the version number and Service Update number.
For example, Service Update 150 will now correspond to version number 150xx. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all associated fixes will be rolled into a subsequent Service Update. For this reason, Service Update numbers may not always increase incrementally.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 231 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||22.214.171.12480|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
An (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 231 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- When applying reflows within cases, controls were missing within lookups and popups.
- Keyboard commands within email templates did not select fields.
- The screen reader would not consistently announce multiple error messages if displayed at the same time.
- When using a screen reader within the Bookable Resource 'Miles Travelled' menu, the "+" and "-" buttons could not be selected.
- When using a screen reader within the Bookable Resource 'Miles Travelled' menu, the "Decrement value" and "Increment value" buttons were announced twice.
- When selecting the undo button, the user interface shifted the position of the cursor which removed a recently added comment.
- The Teams integration feature was not applied to reserved entities during a solution install.*
- Duplicate detection rules did not display details if the field value of records had an apostrophe.*
- The duplicate detection rule would not display results after checking for duplicate account records.*
- When a new task was created and synced to Outlook, the task reminder was triggered when the synchronization was complete.*
- When selecting the merge option in the duplicate dialog box, the choice groups option was not disabled.
- When selecting an option in the merge dialog box for a contact record, the contact details like gender and marriage status were not present.
- Email activities did not appear in the timeline, as the timeline did not automatically refresh after sending an email.*
- When adding a source entity as an opportunity in a goal rollup field, the goal metric from the opportunity was not visible.
- On mobile devices in offline mode, the user interface did not allow the scroll bar to scroll to the bottom of any entity form.*
- In Chrome, the Ctrl/shift+Left mouse click had not opened a new browser window when in the queue item view.*
- The “Convert” and “Cancel” buttons did not display in the "Convert to Opportunity" pop-up when creating an Activity record.*
- The user interface experienced intermittent timeouts and slow loading times in the timeline of a Service Request entity.
- The 'Calendar Control' dropdown option in Resource Bookings was incorrectly displayed.
- Custom web resources could not be opened as popups on the iOS app.*
- Default email signatures were missing intermittently.*
- Header fields had not displayed in Activity and entity forms on mobile.*
- The browser tab label changed to ‘New Case/Contact’ after selecting “Quick Create.”
- The 'See More' button was not visible on dashboards with a subgrid, on mobile.
- Navigating back, after performing a search in a grid, resulted in blank page.
- When the sitemap and side panel were expanded simultaneously, the user interface visibility was intermittently interrupted.*
- The user interface was unresponsive when selecting options within the filter menu.*
- The ‘reset to default’ option did not reset changes made within an advanced filter.
- Dialog headers did not render correctly when special characters were included in an appointment subject field.
- Extra spaces and line breaks were incorrectly appearing in email templates.*
- Editable grid pages numbers did not update from page one.
- Items labelled as 'Regarding' were incorrectly displayed in the My Appointments section of the calendar.*
- On mobile devices, scroll bar navigation did not move in a consistent manner, in line with the user action, when scrolling through a bookable resource.*
- The user interface was identifying the Linux Desktop as mobile upon using browser check when using a chromium browser.
- The 'See More' button was incorrectly displayed on empty dashboard lists.
- An error occurred when opening an existing app in the Unified Interface (UCI).*
- Hidden action steps within Opportunities were visible.
- Stage progression did not occur when creating a Business Process Flow (BPF) with missing required fields on a non-active stage.*
- When creating multiple sessions and closing one session, the user interface did not display a confirmation dialog box.
- When modifying and saving the name of a case entity, in the session tab or application tab, the new name was not reflected in the session tab.
- When Quick View forms were in a reference panel, they contained blank content and would disappear when they were not present in the app module.*
- When saving recent modifications, the user interface did not apply focus to the next required form field.
- When selecting an email message from an inbox, the user interface opened the email in a separate window.
- When launching an app, the user interface during the initial launch did not contain all of the available options for the Quick Create form.
- When creating a new form and disabling the ‘Available for phone’ option in the Header, the option was still present after saving and publishing the form.
- On IOS devices, the browser window did not launch when adding the web resource customization to an organization.
- The ‘reset to default’ option reset changes in datasets outside of the criteria set within an advanced filter.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- An error occurred when importing unmanaged solutions with both VirtualEntity and default forms enabled.*
- An error occurred when creating new fields within an account entity.*
- When performing API queries using aliased attributes, some results would be missing.*
- An error occurred when running Solution Checker on solutions with a Modern Driven App included.*
- An error occurred when attempting to import a solution with a declared CustomAPI and a reference to it by name in an SdkMessageProcessingStep in same solution.*
- An update to error dialog was made to account for an error that contained incorrect dialog referencing invalid credentials when the error was caused by a disabled feature.
- An error occurred while upgrading a solution import that maintained customizations and enabled SDK messages.*
- An error occurred when selecting a ribbon command within an entity to export records to Excel Online.*
- An error had occurred when selecting “All locations" from Document Locations with Sales Hub.*
- An error occurred during an upgrade when using the new preview feature that allows duplicate detection settings to be enabled and modified.*
- An error occurred when adding a column within the edit columns menu.
- An error occurred when selecting a deleted record from the "recent records' list.
- An error occurred when signing into the Dynamics 365 app on mobile devices.*
- An error occurred when navigating to a form page in the Unified Interface.*
- An error occurred when selecting the reply, reply all, and forward options for an email in the sent inbox.
- An error occurred when the "article subject" field within knowledge articles were disabled.
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here