Create conditional workflows with sequences
Sequences help sales managers enforce best practices by introducing a set of consecutive activities for sellers to follow during the course of their day. A manager can connect sequences to leads and opportunities that appear in a seller's work queue, to help sellers prioritize activities to focus on selling, be more productive, and better align to business processes.
License and role requirements
|Requirement type||You must have|
|License||Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise, Dynamics 365 Sales Premium, or Microsoft Relationship Sales
More information: Dynamics 365 Sales pricing
|Security roles||System Administrator, Sequence manager, or Sales Manager
More information: Predefined security roles for Sales
Permission requirements to manage sequences
The following table shows the permissions required for a user role to perform tasks on sequences.
By default, these permissions are available for System Administrator, Sequence manager, Sales Manager, and Salesperson security roles.
|Task related to sequence||Permissions required|
|Create, edit, and delete||In the Security roles page, under the Custom Entities tab, provide Create, Read, Write, and Delete permissions for Sequence entity. More information: Security roles and privileges|
|Connect and disconnect||In the security roles page, under the Custom Entities tab, provide permissions for following entities:
- Sequence: Create and Append To
- Sequence Target: Create, Read, Write, Append, Append To, and Assign
- Sequence Target Step: Create, Read, Write, Append, and Assign
More information: Security roles and privileges
Use sequence designer
You can use the sequence designer to do the following tasks:
- Create and activate a sequence.
- Connect a sequence to records.
- View details of a sequence and its connected records.
- Clone and edit a sequence.
- Delete a sequence.
Before you start, be sure you that the sales accelerator feature is configured in your organization. More information: Configure the sales accelerator.
Can't find the options in your app?
There are three possibilities:
- You don't have the necessary license or role.
- Your administrator hasn't turned on the feature.
- Your organization is using a custom app. Check with your administrator for exact steps. The steps described in this article are specific to the out-of-the-box Sales Hub and Sales Professional apps.