Tips to Get Started
The Marketing version 202209 (Marketing September 2022) and below has been sunset and the unversioned APIs are going to be sunset soon. We recommend that you migrate to the versioned APIs as well as migrate to the new Content and Community Management APIs to avoid disruptions. See the Migration page for more details. If you haven’t yet migrated and have questions, submit a request on the LinkedIn Developer Support Portal.
Know Your Access Levels
The Advertising API and Community Management API each have two access tiers (Development, Standard) with different access criteria. All applications start with Development tier. You will have to apply separately for Standard tier.
- For Advertising API, Development tier is designed to build end-to-end workflows and supports read-only access for unlimited ad accounts and edit capabilities for up to five (5) Ad Accounts. Standard tier is designed to support campaign management solutions for multiple ad accounts.
- For Community Management API, Development tier is designed to build and test integrations with API call restrictions; you are expected to complete your integration and testing within twelve months after you received API access. Standard tier is designed for live production with no restrictions.
Our platform uses permission scopes which provide transparent access control for our members and their data. Your application must have the appropriate permissions before it can access data. Make sure you have the right permissions for your application through the developer portal.
Know which roles can manage a LinkedIn Page and Ad Account.
You may create LinkedIn test profiles to test your Application, provided that they do not interact with real Members or company or other organization pages on LinkedIn.
Related help center articles as follows.
Know the platform
LinkedIn provides standard HTTP Status Codes and clear and concise messages to help you easily troubleshoot and provide a better customer experience.
Get an Access Token
Know how versioning works at LinkedIn
Starting June 2022, LinkedIn Marketing APIs will be versioned and released under the base path:
https://api.linkedin.com/rest/. Each version will be supported for 12 months. When making API calls make sure to specify the version you want and include the request header with key “LinkedIn-Version” and date (YYYYMM).
- Reach Developer Support through Zendesk
- API product endpoint catalog
- Test Ad Accounts
- API Status and Incidents page
- Usage Insights on your app
- Token generator tool
- Token inspector
- Sample application
These resources will keep you up to date on the latest releases, changes to the platform, and other relevant news.
The Monthly Newsletter Email is sent to your primary email associated with your LinkedIn profile. To ensure your colleagues receive the monthly email, make sure to add them as a team member under My Apps in the Developer Portal.