In preparation to enroll in Microsoft Managed Desktop, you must ensure you've obtained the necessary licenses. For more information about licenses, see More about licenses for the licenses you'll need.
When you have the appropriate licenses, assign them to your users. To assign licenses, we recommend that you take advantage of the group-based licensing feature of Azure Active Directory.
If you have any difficulty with license assignment, contact Admin support.
Steps to get started with Microsoft Managed Desktop
- Access admin portal.
- Add and verify admin contacts in the Admin portal.
- Adjust settings after enrollment.
- Deploy and assign the Intune Company Portal.
- Assign licenses (this article).
- Deploy apps.
- Prepare devices.
- Set up first-run experience with Autopilot and the Enrollment Status Page.
- Turn on user support features.
- Get your users ready to use devices.
- Get started with app control.