Features in Configuration Manager technical preview version 2107
Applies to: Configuration Manager (technical preview branch)
This article introduces the features that are available in the technical preview for Configuration Manager, version 2107. Install this version to update and add new features to your technical preview site.
Review the technical preview article before installing this update. That article familiarizes you with the general requirements and limitations for using a technical preview, how to update between versions, and how to provide feedback.
The following sections describe the new features to try out in this version:
Tenant attach: Software updates information
There's a new Software updates page for tenant attached devices. This page displays the status for software updates on a device. You can review which updates are successfully installed, failed, and are assigned but not yet installed. Using the timestamp for the update status assists with troubleshooting.
The following actions are available on the Software update page for a tenant attached device:
- Search: You can search using either a full or partial string in all columns except Status time.
- Sort: Sort a column by using the arrows after the column name. The default sort order is by Status time.
- Refresh: Retrieves updated information for the device from the Configuration Manager environment.
- Export: Exports all of the available data for the device to a
Publish query to Community hub from CMPivot
You can now publish a CMPivot query to the Community hub directly from the CMPivot window. Submitting your queries directly through CMPivot makes contributing to the Community hub easier.
- Meet all of the CMPivot prerequisites and permissions
- Enable Community hub.
- If needed, install the Microsoft Edge WebView2 extension from the Configuration Manager console notification.
- A GitHub account that's joined to Community hub
- You must accept the invitation sent in the email otherwise you won't be able to contribute content.
Use CMPivot to publish a query to the Community hub
Go to the Assets and Compliance workspace then select the Device Collections node.
Select a target collection, target device, or group of devices then select Start CMPivot in the ribbon to launch the tool.
From the CMPivot window, select the Community hub icon on the menu.
Select Sign in, then sign into GitHub.
Create a query, then select Run Query to verify it functions as expected.
- Optionally, select the folder icon to access your favorites list to use a query you've already created.
Select the Publish link at top of CMPivot's Community hub window when you're ready to submit your query.
Give your query a Name and Description, then select the Publish button to send your query to the Community hub.
Once the contribution is complete, you can access your query anytime from the Me tab.
To view the GitHub pull request (PR), go to https://github.com/Microsoft/configmgr-hub/pulls. You can also access the PR link from the Your hub page in the Community hub node.
- PRs shouldn't be submitted directly to the GitHub repository.
Community hub is only available in CMPivot when you run it from the Configuration Manager console. Community hub isn't available from standalone CMPivot.
For more information about installing or updating the technical preview branch, see Technical preview.
For more information about the different branches of Configuration Manager, see Which branch of Configuration Manager should I use?.