Trial user guide: Microsoft Purview Compliance Manager premium assessments
Welcome to the Microsoft Purview Compliance Manager premium assessment trial user guide.
This playbook will help you make the most of your 90-day free trial by teaching you how to use the comprehensive set of premium assessment templates (add-on).
Using Microsoft recommendations, you'll quickly see how the premium assessment templates can help your organization assess risks and efficiently respond to global, regional and industrial regulatory requirements.
If you're not an E5 customer, you can try all the premium features in Microsoft Purview for free. Use the 90-day Purview solutions trial to explore how robust Purview capabilities can help your organization manage data security and compliance needs. Start now at the Microsoft Purview compliance portal trials hub. Learn details about signing up and trial terms.
Step 1: Get to know Compliance Manager
Our Compliance Manager overview page is the best first stop for a comprehensive review of what Compliance Manager is and how it works. You may also want to jump right to key sections of our documentation using the links below:
- Understand your compliance score
- Overview of key elements: controls, assessments, templates, and improvement actions
- Understand the Compliance Manager dashboard
- Filter your dashboard view
- Learn about improvement actions
- Understand assessments
- Do a quick check of your environment using the Microsoft Compliance Configuration Manager
Step 2: Configure Compliance Manager
Start working with assessments and taking improvement actions to implement controls and improve your compliance score.
- Choose a pre-built template to create and manage your first assessment
- Understand how to use templates for building assessments
- Perform implementation and testing work on improvement actions to complete controls in your assessments
- Better understand how different actions impact your compliance score
Step 3: Review included assessment templates
Compliance Manager provides a comprehensive set of templates for creating assessments. These templates can help your organization comply with national, regional, and industry-specific requirements governing the collection and use of data. See a list of templates included with your subscription here.
Compliance Manager also offers 300+ regulatory or premium templates that can be purchased as an add-on. See the list here. With any premium templates (included with your subscription or purchased as add-on) you will receive the universal version of those templates, allowing you to manage your compliance with any product or service. You can try out these premium assessment templates during the premium assessment trial.
Step 4: Enable the premium assessment trial
Trial licenses allow you to use 25 premium templates for 90 days. You will be able to choose from a list of 300+ premium templates. You are not required to select all 25 templates at once. Once selected, the licensed templates are available for your use within 4 hours of obtaining your trial license.
There are two ways to enable the Premium Assessment Add-on trial: through the Compliance Manager dashboard or through the Microsoft Purview trial.
Enable trial via the Compliance Manager dashboard
- In the Compliance Manager dashboard, select Try now in the banner.
- Select Yes to get access to premium template trials.
Enable trial via the Compliance trial
- In the Compliance Center, select Trials in the left navigation pane. The available trials will display.
- Choose Try now for Compliance Manager premium assessments.
- You will be presented with an information page and the ability to learn more before setting up the trial.
- When you choose Set up, it might take up to two hours for changes to take effect. You will need to sign in again to see available templates.
During the trial
After starting the premium assessment trial, you will see a summary on the dashboard that updates you on:
- Number of new assessments created
- Number of improvement actions taken
- Points earned during the trial toward your compliance score
- Links to available templates
- Time left in trial
Microsoft Learn: Get detailed information on how Compliance Manager premium assessments work and how to best implement them for your organization. Visit Docs.
How to videos: Check out the following videos to learn more:
- Create assessments and monitor your progress with Compliance Manager
- Extend and customize assessments to suit your needs in Compliance Manager
Purchase premium assessments: Get information on available plans and pricing. Visit Microsoft 365 admin center - Purchase services
Submit and view feedback for