Get domain-related alerts API
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender XDR
Want to experience Microsoft Defender for Endpoint? Sign up for a free trial.
If you are a US Government customer, please use the URIs listed in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for US Government customers.
For better performance, you can use server closer to your geo location:
Retrieves a collection of Alerts related to a given domain address.
- You can query on alerts last updated according to your configured retention period.
- Rate limitations for this API are 100 calls per minute and 1500 calls per hour.
One of the following permissions is required to call this API. To learn more, including how to choose permissions, see Use Microsoft Defender for Endpoint APIs
|Permission type||Permission||Permission display name|
|Application||Alert.Read.All||'Read all alerts'|
|Application||Alert.ReadWrite.All||'Read and write all alerts'|
|Delegated (work or school account)||Alert.Read||'Read alerts'|
|Delegated (work or school account)||Alert.ReadWrite||'Read and write alerts'|
When obtaining a token using user credentials:
- The user needs to have at least the following role permission: 'View Data' (See Create and manage roles for more information)
- Response will include only alerts, associated with devices, that the user have access to, based on device group settings (See Create and manage device groups for more information)
Device group creation is supported in Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 and Plan 2.
If successful and domain exists - 200 OK with list of alert entities. If domain does not exist - 200 OK with an empty set.
Here's an example of the request.
Do you want to learn more? Engage with the Microsoft Security community in our Tech Community: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Tech Community.