Providing different types of support to your customers
Applies to: Partner Center | Partner Center for Microsoft Cloud for US Government
Appropriate roles: Help agent
Microsoft partner support guidance
Partners transacting in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) model are trusted advisors to their customers. This trusted advisor relationship includes supporting your customers when they have questions or issues. By providing support to your customers, you have the opportunity to learn more about them and their businesses. Doing so helps you to identify new services and solutions that drive value.
Direct bill partners own the customer relationship from end-to-end.
Indirect resellers should work with their indirect providers to support customers.
Fulfilling the support requirement
CSP customers can't create support requests themselves. They must contact you for support.
When customers contact you for support, you're required to:
- Receive incoming support requests from customers.
- Diagnose issues to the best of your ability.
- Resolve issues that are within scope of the baseline support boundaries.
To fulfill your customer support requirement, you can:
- Resell support from another company.
- Outsource all or part of the support structure.
- Set up a structure to provide support directly.
You can charge for all or part of the support that you provide to customers. Be sure to tell customers the types of support you’ll provide, the service hours, contact method, and the pricing if you're charging for support.
Escalating to Microsoft
If you’re unable to resolve an issue, you can escalate it to Microsoft in the following ways:
Commercial issue support: Support is available to all partners in the CSP program.
Technical issue support: For information about specific support plans, see the following table. For more information, see compare partner support plans.
Technical support plan Features Premier Support for Partners (PSfP) Fee-based. Use for all products. Advanced Support for Partners (ASfP) Fee-based. Use for cloud products only. Signature Cloud Support Included with Microsoft Cloud Partner Program benefits for Gold or Silver competencies.
Use for cloud products only. See Technical Benefits
Product Support Incidents Included with Microsoft Cloud Partner Program benefits for Gold, Silver, or Microsoft Action Pack partners.
Use for recent, on-premises products only. See Technical Benefits
Providing subscription management and technical support
Each online service has detailed and specific requirements for providing subscription management and technical support to customers. For more information, see the following documents:
Enabling Microsoft Cost Management for customers
Partners can enable Microsoft Cost Management for customer tenant Azure subscriptions.
- Providing access to Microsoft Cost Management enables customers to view their costs for Azure consumed services at pay-as-you-go retail rates.
- Costs are shown in the customer's billing currency for their consumed usage at Azure RBAC subscription and resource groups scopes.
- For more information about how partners can grant access to customers, see Enable cost management for customer tenant subscriptions.