Sample: Rollup goal data for a fiscal period against the stretch target count
This sample shows how to roll up goal data for a fiscal period against stretch target count, representing a number of completed phone calls. You can download the sample from here.
This sample requires additional users that are not in your system. Create the three required users as is shown below manually in Microsoft 365. Replace
yourorg with the organization name.
First Name: Nancy
Last Name: Anderson
Security Role: Salesperson
First Name: David
Last Name: Bristol
Security Role: Salesperson
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Cook
Security Role: SalesManager
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Microsoft Dataverse instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Dataverse instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Dataverse instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
This sample shows how to roll up goal data for a fiscal period against stretch target count representing a number of completed telephone calls.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the version of the org.
- Retrieves the sales manager and 2 sales representatives, created manually in Microsoft 365.
- Creates a
PhoneCallrecord and supporting account record for the sample.
- Creates ActivityPartys for the phone calls From column.
- Creates an open phone call.
- Closes the first phone call and creates a second one.
- Closes the second phone call.
- Creates Metric, and setting the Metric type to count and enabling stretch tracking.
- Creates a rollup column which targets completed (received) phone calls.
GoalRollupQuerycreates the goal rollup queries, locating the incoming and outgoing closed phone calls.
- Creates three goals, one parent goal and two child goals.
RecalculateRequestcalculates the rollup for goals.
Display an option to delete the sample data created in Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the table and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.
Submit and view feedback for