Plan and prepare for Power Apps in 2022 release wave 1
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Power Apps?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
The 2022 release wave 1 plan covers all new functionalities planned to be delivered to market from April 2022 to September 2022. In this article, you'll find the product overview and what's new and planned for Power Apps.
Microsoft Power Apps is the industry-leading low-code application development platform that underpins Dynamics 365 extensibility, Microsoft 365 customization, and standalone custom line of business applications for customers around the world. Power Apps dramatically lowers the cost, complexity, and time of software development through a range of powerful low-code development tools, a deep data platform in Microsoft Dataverse, and hundreds of connectors to common business data sources.
Power Apps is investing in several areas as part of Microsoft Power Platform 2022 release wave 1:
Deliver modern business apps with unparalleled productivity for all users: Power Apps will add built-in collaboration for users and integration with Microsoft 365 to allow teams to collaborate and act on business data, as well as key updates to modernize user experiences.
Activate experts across the organization with advanced low code: Makers and developers of all skill levels will be more productive over Dataverse, multiply their productivity with fusion teams, and leverage intelligence to assist development.
Power Apps is the safest way to digitally transform at whole-company scale: Secure and governable enterprise apps are critical to creating trust with your users and enterprise IT teams.
Deliver flagship applications faster than ever: Organizations can now build and deliver flagship apps to the entire company through Power Apps with offline and standalone apps.
For official product documentation and training for Power Apps, go to:
Download the release overview guide and share with your team as you plan to onboard the new capabilities included in this release wave.
* Overview guide available in English version only
Deliver modern business apps with unparalleled productivity for all users
Users can take advantage of cohesive and modern experiences while collaborating with team members in Power Apps. Key updates include:
- Apps built using Power Apps are now multiplayer with built-in collaboration: Enable users to collaborate, chat, and start meetings directly within the app.
- Act on business data in context across Microsoft 365: See and act on Power Apps and Dynamics 365 data directly in Microsoft 365 by pasting a link.
- Keep users on task with cohesive experiences and delightful UX: Modern and cohesive control updates across Power Apps provides a delightful and productive experience.
Enable experts across the organization with advanced low code
Makers and developers of all skill levels can be more productive with Power Apps and Dataverse, enabling fusion teams and leveraging intelligence to simplify common tasks. Key updates include:
- It’s easier than ever to get started with Dataverse: With simplified table creation and data load, the addition of Power Fx, and new modern low-code designers to simplify building apps over Dataverse.
- Unleash fusion teams with collaborative development: Allow multiple makers to work on a single app at the same time, accelerating the time of development and supporting with Microsoft 365 style tools, such as commenting.
- Infuse intelligence for makers and users alike: Support developers to resolve common tasks and errors with intelligence.
Safest way to digitally transform at whole-company scale
Secure and governable enterprise apps are critical to creating trust with your users and enterprise IT teams. New capabilities are here to help you set the right policies to enable your enterprise apps across more places. Key updates include:
- Solution quality and enforcement: Continuing to evolve the checkers already in place in Power Apps, these will evolve to be more comprehensive and enforce quality in production environments.
- Security updates: Further updates on conditional access and providing more visibility to makers on security when sharing apps.
Rapid delivery of flagship applications
Organizations can now build and deliver flagship apps to the entire company through Power Apps. Key updates include:
- Accelerate line of business app dev professionals: Simplified development and management of offline apps.
- Deliver standalone mission critical apps to every device: Create standalone, native mobile apps with Power Apps.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Power Apps below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users, automatically" in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users by admins, makers, or analysts" in the release plan.
Get the most out of Power Apps
|Release plan||View all capabilities included in the release.|
|Product updates||Stay up to date on latest product updates.|
|Release calendar||Know important release milestones.|
|Licensing||Improve your understanding of how to license Power Apps.|
|Product documentation||Find documentation for Power Apps.|
|User community||Engage with Power Apps experts and peers in the community.|
|Upcoming events||Find and register for in-person and online events.|
|Product trials||Get started with Power Apps.|