Power BI Premium
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Power BI?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365, Power Platform, and Cloud for Industry release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
With each release, Microsoft Power BI Premium continues to deliver features that help organizations accelerate the delivery of insights at scale, meeting the most demanding needs of an enterprise. These investments will span the following areas:
- Flexible licensing models: Organizations can choose between per user and per capacity licensing options.
- Microsoft-owned resource management: Organizations don't have to worry about workload spikes and capacity utilization that can impact the speed of work.
- Autoscale and pay-as-you-go pricing: Scale beyond resource capacity without experiencing drops in performance.
- Advanced self-service data prep.
- Interactive experiences over big data in big data sources, such as Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Operational reporting and distribution to distribute pixel perfect reports to millions of users.
- Advanced security.