Use internal SharePoint content as a source for AI-created generative answers
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||Oct 2, 2023|
The following are benefits to your stakeholders when using an internal SharePoint for generative answers:
- Bot makers: Reduced time to create or update chatbots from days to minutes
- System and bot admins: Reduced data loss prevention and data exfiltration concerns. Keep your organization's data inside the organization.
- Support center and helpdesk: Improved deflection rate
- Bot users: Get answers directly from your organization's existing knowledge
In 2023 release wave 2, we're expanding the breadth of sources that your bots can use to generate answers and including internal SharePoint sites as a source.
When a bot maker connects an internal SharePoint knowledge source to a bot, the bot can retrieve information from the following types of content within a specified SharePoint directory, site, or library:
- Content on web pages hosted on the SharePoint site, such as wikis
- Word documents
- PowerPoint presentations
- PDF files
The bot will only generate answers from information that the bot user has access to, enforced with Azure Active Directory authentication.
This feature will be released into the following Microsoft Azure geographic areas:
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- United Kingdom
- South America