Key concepts - Enhanced authoring in Power Virtual Agents
You can go beyond basic authoring in Power Virtual Agents by taking advantage of a number of advanced features.
These features enhance and improve upon the authoring experience by letting you:
- Expand the types of information the bot understands and can parse back.
- Use variables to retrieve information from one part of a topic and use it in another, to ensure a consistent experience for your bot users.
- Utilize existing support content from website pages, such as FAQ pages, to quickly create a robust set of topics that can be used in a bot.
- Allow users to sign in directly within a bot, and then use that authentication to retrieve information from backend systems.
- Use advanced Power Automate flows to retrieve and send information to other databases.
- Add special nodes that take the context of the entire bot conversation and share it with a human help support agent.
In this section
|Use entities and slot filling||Use prebuilt entities, and define custom ones, to expand the types of information the bot can parse.|
|Use variables||Retrieve information for consistent usage across topics.|
|Create topics from existing support content||Utilize your existing web content to quickly create bots and topics.|
|Add end-user authentication||Allow users to sign in from within the bot.|
|Add actions using Power Automate||Connect to existing and create new flows that let you automate and send and receive data.|
|Trigger hand-off to a live agent||Send entire transcripts of a bot conversation to a live agent when the bot isn't able to resolve the issue.|