Learning ASP.NET 3.5, Second Edition: Build Web Applications with ASP.NET 3.5, AJAX, LINQ, and More
By Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, Brian MacDonald
Release Date: July 2008
With this book, you will learn how to create engaging and interactive web applications using the latest version of the world's most popular web development platform: ASP.NET with AJAX, built on the productivity-enhancing features of Visual Studio 2008.
All you need to get started is a basic knowledge of HTML and a desire to produce professional quality websites.
Learning ASP.NET 3.5 introduces new skills in each new chapter and offers fully annotated and fully functional examples that you can put to work immediately. Each chapter adds detailed summaries, practice questions to ensure comprehension, and exercises so you can apply what you've learned to new situations.
Written by the bestselling author team of Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Brian MacDonald, Learning ASP.NET 3.5 offers complete, up-to-date coverage of ASP.NET 3.5 and AJAX. The book includes:
- Chapters that are designed as a series of tutorials on different aspects of web development
- Examples in each chapter that illustrate how a new concept works. Different chapters feature either a single running example with several stages, or a series of smaller examples
- A single large example in the final chapter offers that uses everything the reader has learned
- AJAX-style fully integrated into ASP.NET programming -- the way it should be taught and used
If you want to get up to speed with the world's most popular web development technology, Learning ASP.NET 3.5 is the best resource for the job.
Full List of Chapters:
- Chapter 1. Getting Started
- Chapter 2. Building Web Applications
- Chapter 3. Snappier Web Sites with AJAX
- Chapter 4. Saving and Retrieving Data - Available Online
- Chapter 5. Validation
- Chapter 6. Style Sheets, Master Pages, and Navigation
- Chapter 7. State and Life Cycle
- Chapter 8. Errors, Exceptions, and Bugs, Oh My!
- Chapter 9. Security
- Chapter 10. Personalization
- Chapter 11. Putting It All Together - Available Online