Automating Operations Manager Administration
Applies To: System Center 2012 - Operations Manager
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change in future releases. Blank topics are included as placeholders.]
You can use the Operations Manager class libraries to programmatically automate administration tasks. This section provides examples of how to use the System Center 2012 – Operations Manager software development kit (SDK) to perform common administrative tasks.
For information about using the Operations Manager Command Shell to automate Operations Manager, see the System Center 2012 – Operations Manager online Help.
In This Section
- How to Connect an Operations Manager SDK Client to the System Center Data Access Service
Demonstrates how to connect to the System Center Data Access service from a custom SDK client application.
- How to Configure Management Group Properties
Demonstrates how to configure global settings that affect all servers in the Management Group.
- How to Install, Remove, or Repair an Agent
Demonstrates how to deploy, remove, or repair a System Center Operations Manager 2007 agent.
- How to Approve Manual Agent Installations
Demonstrates how to approve pending manual agent installations.
- How to Insert Custom Event and Performance Data
Demonstrates how to generate and insert events and performance data.
- How to Display Operations Manager Data
Demonstrates how to display information about events and alerts.
- How to Resolve Alerts
Demonstrates how to update the properties of Operations Manager alerts.
- How to Configure Maintenance Mode for Monitoring Objects
Demonstrates how to manage maintenance mode settings.
- How to Display Information About a Monitoring Object
Demonstrates how to gather information from a MonitoringObject object.
- How to Display Management Pack Contents
Demonstrates how to display information about a management pack, including the monitoring classes, rules, tasks, and views that are included in the pack's contents.
- How to Run a Management Pack Task
Demonstrates how to run tasks that are defined in a management pack.
- How to Create State Views, Diagram Views, and View Folders
Demonstrates how to create a specific type of view and a view folder.
- How to Delete Views and Folders
Demonstrates how to delete views and folders from a management pack that is not sealed.
- How to Create a Group
Demonstrates how to create a group for a collection of objects. The group is added to a management pack.
- How to Delete a Group
Demonstrates how to delete a group for a collection of objects.
- How to Create a Knowledge Article
Demonstrates how to create a knowledge article for a management pack or an element in a management pack.
- How to Automate the Setup of URL Monitoring
Demonstrates how to automate the Setup URL monitoring to use one more agent computers to monitor a website or web-based application.
- How to Create an Override
Demonstrates how to create an override that is used to adjust default settings that are defined in a management pack.
- How to Get Information About an Override
Demonstrates how to display information about all the overrides for rules, monitors, discoveries, recoveries, and diagnostics.
- How to Create a Unit Monitor
Demonstrates how to create a unit monitor that monitors the state of a service.