Duplicate activity views may appear when viewing a list of Activity views in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
This article provides a solution to an issue where duplicate activity views may appear when you view a list of Activity views in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2637480
When viewing a list of Activity views in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, views may display as having a duplicate. When navigating to Settings, selecting Customizations, and selecting Customize the System, it displays the default solution. Then, select Entities, choose the entity where the duplicate view is displayed and select Views, the full list of views for the system will be displayed. The duplicated views will have a description tag of (to be used asynchronously).
The views at some time had the querytype value modified. Which could have been in the current system or had been updated during an import of customizations from a separate environment. The querytype value in the customization.xml file will display as a 0 instead of 1024.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings and then select Solutions within the Customization section.
- Select New for a new solution and provide values for all of the required fields. Then Save the solution.
- Select Add Existing, and add the entity or entities that are displaying the symptoms.
- Save the solution and then select Export Solution and save the file.
- Extract the contents of the created zip file and open the customizations.xml file.
- Then find the duplicated views. Which can be done easily by searching for to be used asynchronously.
- Then, modify the querytype value to read 1024 instead of 0.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all views that are displaying as duplicates.
- Save the customizations.xml file.
- Zip the extracted files again and import back into Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Publish the changes to all affected entities.
The system is designed to ignore views with a query type of 1024 in the UI.