Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0
Microsoft® Visual FoxPro® database development system is a powerful tool for quickly creating high-performance desktop, rich client, distributed client, client/server, and Web database applications. Employ its powerful data engine to manage large volumes of data, its object-oriented programming to reuse components across applications, its XML Web services features for distributed applications, and its built-in XML support to quickly manipulate data.
Note that Visual FoxPro 9.0 is the last version and was published in 2007.
Download Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP2
Download Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0. SP2 provides the latest updates to Visual FoxPro 9.0 combining various enhancements and stability improvements into one integrated package.
Three Hotfixes for Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP2
- Fix for the issue where a toolbar on an SDI form gets disabled.
- Fix for the issue where records from another user session that violate the criteria for a parent table are displayed in the browse window for a child table in a Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2 multi-user environment.
- Fix for a reporting issue where the group header of a data grouping is not printed at the top of each page as expected after you install Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2.
Visual FoxPro Samples and Updates
Find code samples and product updates for Visual FoxPro.
Visual FoxPro on MSDN Forums
Join the conversation and get your questions answered on the Visual FoxPro Forum on MSDN.
Visual FoxPro 9.0 Overview
With its local cursor engine, tight coupling between language and data, and powerful features, Visual FoxPro 9.0 is a great tool for building database solutions of all sizes. Its data-centric, object-oriented language offers developers a robust set of tools for building database applications for the desktop, client-server environments, or the Web. Developers will have the necessary tools to manage data—from organizing tables of information, running queries, and creating an integrated relational database management system (DBMS) to programming a fully-developed data management application for end users.
- Data-Handling and Interoperability. Create .NET compatible solutions with hierarchical XML and XML Web services. Exchange data with SQL Server through enhanced SQL language capabilities and newly supported data types.
- Extensible Developer Productivity Tools. Enhance your user interfaces with dockable user forms, auto-anchoring of controls, and improved image support. Personalize the Properties Window with your favorite properties, custom editors, fonts, and color settings.
- Flexibility to Build All Types of Database Solutions. Build and deploy stand-alone and remote applications for Windows based Tablet PCs. Create and access COM components and XML Web Services compatible with Microsoft .NET technology.
- Reporting System Features. Extensible new output architecture provides precision control of report data output and formatting. Design with multiple detail banding, text rotation, and report chaining. Output reports supported include in XML, HTML, image formats, and customizable multi-page print preview window. Backward compatible with existing Visual FoxPro reports.