Change a user's POP3 e-mail password
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
If you modify the user name or password, you must request that your Internet service provider (ISP) update the same information.
- Open Server Management. To open Server Management, click Start, and then click Server Management.
- In the console tree, click Internet and E-mail.
- In the details pane, click Manage POP3 E-mail, and then click Open POP3 Connector Manager. The POP3 Connector Manager Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Mailboxes tab, click the POP3 mailbox for which you want to change the password.
- Click Edit, and then type the new password in both Password and Confirm password.
A user's POP3 e-mail password can also be changed by running the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard. For more information, see Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard.