Microsoft Security Advisory 968272
Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Published: February 24, 2009 | Updated: April 14, 2009
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a public report of this vulnerability. We have issued MS09-009 to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review MS09-009. The vulnerability addressed is the Memory Corruption Vulnerability - CVE-2009-0238.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting Microsoft Help and Support: Contact Us.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit International Support.
- Microsoft TechNet Security provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (February 24, 2009): Advisory published.
- V2.0 (February 25, 2009): Added Open XML File Format Converter for Mac to the affected software listed in the Overview section. Also, corrected the mitigating factors for the Web-based attack scenario.
- V2.1 (March 5, 2009): Removed Open XML File Format Converter for Mac from the affected software listed in the Overview section. The Open XML File Format Converter for Mac is not affected by the vulnerability described in this advisory.
- V3.0 (April 14, 2009) Advisory updated to reflect publication of security bulletin.
Built at 2014-04-18T13:49:36Z-07:00