Microsoft Security Advisory 947563
Vulnerability in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Published: January 15, 2008 | Updated: March 12, 2008
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a public report of this vulnerability. We have issued MS08-014 to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review MS08-014. The vulnerability addressed is the Microsoft Excel Vulnerability - CVE-2008-0081.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting the following Web site.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information about available support options, see the Microsoft Help and Support Web site.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit the International Support Web site.
- The Microsoft TechNet Security Web site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- January 15, 2008: Advisory published
- January 16, 2008: Advisory updated to reflect the correct Excel file formats in the MOICE Workarounds section
- March 12, 2008: Advisory updated to reflect publication of security bulletin.
Built at 2014-04-18T13:49:36Z-07:00