Integration pack for System Center - Service Manager
This version of Orchestrator has reached the end of support. We recommend you to upgrade to Orchestrator 2022.
The integration pack for System Center - Service Manager is an add-in for System Center - Orchestrator. It enables you to use Service Manager to coordinate and use operational data in an existing IT environment comprised of service desk systems, configuration management systems, and event monitoring systems.
Learn more about integration packs.
The Service Manager integration pack requires the following software to be installed and configured before you implement the integration:
- System Center - Orchestrator
- System Center - Service Manager
- The Service Manager integration pack is only supported for use on computers set to use:
- The ENU Locale
- The U.S. English date format (month/day/year)
Download the pack
Register and deploy the pPack
After you download the integration pack file, you must register it with the Orchestrator management server and then deploy it to Runbook servers and Runbook Designers. Learn more about installing an integration pack.
Configure the connections
A connection establishes a reusable link between Orchestrator and a Service Manager Server. You can create as many connections as you need to specify links to multiple servers. You can also create multiple connections to the same server to allow for differences in security permissions for different user accounts.
- In the Runbook Designer, click the Options menu, and select Service Manager.
- On the Connections tab, click Add to begin the connection setup.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the connection. This could be the name of the Service Manager server, or a descriptive name to distinguish the type of connection.
- In the Server box, click the ellipsis button (...). Select the Service Manager server, and then click OK.
- In the Credentials section, type the Domain, User name, and Password that the Orchestrator server will use to connect to the Service Manager computer.
- In the Monitoring Intervals section, enter the Polling and Reconnect intervals that the Orchestrator server will use with the connection to the Server Manager computer. The default is 10 seconds.
- Click Test Connection. When the success message appears, click OK.
- Add additional connections if applicable. Click OK to close the configuration dialog box, and then click Finish.