Provision a scale-out file server (SOFS) from standalone file servers in the VMM fabric
This version of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) has reached the end of support. We recommend you to upgrade to VMM 2022.
Use the instructions in this article if you want to use System Center - Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) to create a scale-out-file server (SOFS) from standalone file servers that are managed in the VMM fabric.
- In the VMM console, select Fabric > Create > File Server Cluster.
- In the Create Clustered File Server wizard > General, specify a cluster name, a file server name, and IP addresses if required.
- In Resource Type, select the option to provision computers on which Windows Server 2012 R2 or later is installed and fill in the details.
- In Resource Type, select the option to provision computers on which Windows Server 2016 or later is installed and fill in the details.
- In Cluster Nodes, define a list of computers to add to the cluster.
- On the Summary page, confirm the settings and select Finish.
You can monitor the cluster status on the Jobs page. After the job finishes, check the cluster in Fabric > Storage > File servers.