Trouble on a PC, Mac, laptop, or netbook? Start here!
Instantly find and fix tech issues here:
Most issues in TakeLessons Classroom can be resolved by following these steps:
1. Use one of our supported devices
- Operating System:
- PC: Windows 7 or newer with the latest updates installed
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer with the latest updates installed
- Processor: Intel Dual-core 2.4GHz or faster (2GB of RAM recommended)
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
2. Use a reliable internet connection that’s 3.5 Mbps or faster
- If possible, use an ethernet cable connected directly to your router.
- DON’T use your mobile device as a hotspot internet connection for TakeLessons Classroom.
- Learn more about internet connections for TakeLessons Classroom
3. Use a supported browser
- We strongly recommend using an up to date version of the Google Chrome browser for the best experience, you can download it here.
- Follow the instructions to install Google Chrome.
- Leave your classroom in your other browser, and open Google Chrome.
- Re-join your classroom by logging into to your TakeLessons account and clicking the Join button from your Dashboard or Schedule tab.
4. Refresh your browser
- You’ll be prompted to enable your camera and microphone again.
5. Enable your camera and microphone in Google Chrome
- Once you’ve joined your classroom in Google Chrome, click Enable my Camera and Microphone.
- Test your camera and microphone.
- In your classroom, click on the camera icon.
- Make sure the correct devices are selected.
6. Clear your cache and browsing history
- After you clear your cache, refresh your browser.
Still having trouble? Contact Student Support.