How do I join my online class or lesson from an Android device?
Join your private or live online group classes from anywhere!
Private Online Lessons Through TakeLessons Classroom
We strongly recommend using an up to date version of the Chrome App for Android for the best experience.
Log in to your TakeLessons Student Account
- Go to TakeLessons.com/login
- When your class or lesson is due to start in less than 60 minutes, you'll see a Join button on your Schedule tab and at the top of your student Dashboard.
- Click Join to enter TakeLessons Classroom.
Enable your camera and microphone
- Once you click Join you'll be prompted to enable your camera and microphone.
- Click Allow to enable your camera and microphone.
(Note: You are able to turn these off once you have entered the Classroom if you don't wish to use them during your lesson)
Check your camera and microphone
- We will double-check that everything works.
- Make sure you can see yourself in the video box.
- Make sure green bars appear when you make noise.
- When everything is ready, click Start Call
If you don't see your teacher in the online classroom
If your teacher has not joined your lesson through TakeLessons Classroom within the first 5-10 minutes of the class, give the teacher a call to see if they are having trouble connecting. You can find your instructor's contact information in the Welcome Email, as well as, on the Dashboard of your student account.
We also recommend discussing a backup platform before the first class, just in case you run into technical difficulties that are out of your control. Examples of backups would be Skype, Facetime, or Google Hangouts.
Most issues can be easily solved by following the troubleshooting steps.
Group Online Lessons Through TakeLessons Live
- Make sure your device is compatible
- TakeLessons Classroom works best on devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or newer.
- Find your Android version here
- Learn more about Android system requirements
- Download and install the app
- Download the TakeLessons Android app for students
- Open the app.
- Log in with Facebook, Google, with your Student Account email and password.
- If you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up right from the app.
- If necessary, grant permission to use the microphone & camera
- Open the app and tap Settings, then tap Live Classroom Settings.
- Ensure all permissions are granted before entering a TakeLessons Live class to ensure that all features are available to you.
- Remember, you can always disable your camera or mute your microphone during any class or lesson.
- Tap "Join"
- tap the lesson that you would like to join from the Schedule tab, then tap Join Class to enter the classroom up to 30-minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Confirm your name and location on the next page and tap Join Class
- If your teacher hasn't arrived yet, you'll see a "waiting" screen.