When your profile has been paused
New message? You have 72 hours...
When a new potential student sends their first message, the system starts a stopwatch. If you haven’t replied or marked the message “suspicious” by the 72-hour mark, your profile will be paused in Search, and the student will be notified that you were unavailable.
When your profile is “paused,” you won’t be listed as a possible teacher when students search for your subject(s), and students won’t be able to ask you questions through your profile.
Unpause your profile
If your profile was paused because you didn’t take action on a new potential student’s inquiry, you’ll need to “unpause” it to appear in Search results again.
- Log into your TakeLessons account on the web using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Instead of your dashboard, you’ll see a message that your profile has been paused.
If you are unable to take on new students at this time:
- Click No Thanks. Your profile will remain unbookable for new students.
- You can still teach any active students already on your roster, and use all other features in your TakeLessons Partner account.
If you are able to take on new students:
- Click Yes.
- You will be prompted to confirm your availability on the next page...
- Make any necessary adjustments to your availability directly on the Availability page. (See: How do I set my available teaching hours? (Availability))
- Once you’ve ensured that your profile info is accurate, available for new students, and looking awesome, click Confirm Availability, and your profile will be updated in our search results to allow new students to start booking lessons with you again.
How to prevent your profile from being paused
- Reply to each inquiry you receive through Ask A Question within 72 hours.
- If you get a message that is SPAM, is not about private lessons, or seems suspicious, be sure to report the message to us within 72 hours so we can close the communication thread.
- If you know you will not have access to your TakeLessons account for an extended period of time, turn off your profile visibility. This ensures that you do not miss inquiries from prospective students while you’re away. Once you return, you can turn your profile visibility back on to begin receiving messages again.