Thank you, MSDN and TechNet Forums moderators!!!
As we are coming to the final stretch of closing the English MSDN and TechNet Forums and transition to Microsoft Q&A, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all the MSDN and TechNet Forum moderators. Our moderators are volunteers that generously give their time and share their expertise to ensure any user that comes to the forums seeking help feels included, welcome, safe, and gets the answer they are looking for. The success over the years of the forums is in great part to all the work moderators have done, so people could get answers to their technical questions in a safe environment. Our moderators are passionate about technology, helping others, and being able to be a part of a community.
We also want to apologize for not saying thank you sooner. As we are moving the support of many of our products to Microsoft Q&A, we should have brought you along, and giving you the opportunity to become moderator in our Q&A site. We are making amends, and, if you would like, we have prepared some steps for you to become moderator in Microsoft Q&A, described at the next section.
Regardless of whether you decide to stop contributing here or continue your moderation journey in Microsoft Q&A, we sincerely thank you. Thank you to those who have moderated one forum space and thank you to those who moderate many of them. We wouldn’t be able to function the way we do without them. You are part of the front line that welcomes new users while also being fully engaged with the rest of the community. A big round of applause to all of you!
How to become a moderator in Microsoft Q&A
We would love you to continue your journey with us. We want to invite the following people to become moderators in Microsoft Q&A!
- All Moderators and Answerers from the MSDN/TechNet Forums.
- All members from the MSDN/TechNet Forums who had at least 300 answers and a good reputation from the community.
Please email us to begin this discussion at MSDN-TechNet to Q&A moderators. Be sure to send us:
- A link to your MSDN or TechNet profile.
- A link to your Docs Profile.
How does this affect me?
- If you are a Microsoft employee who has been a moderator in the forums, well, thank you! Please consider become a moderator in Microsoft Q&A!
- If you know of any MSDN or TechNet moderators, send them the information above. It is available in our external blog (LINK TBD).