Service principals enable your deployment pipelines to authenticate securely with Azure.
In this module, you'll learn what service principals are, how they work, and how to create them.
You'll also learn how to grant them permission to your Azure resources so that your pipelines can deploy your Bicep files.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Explain what a service principal is, how it works, and how it compares to a managed identity
- Create a service principal and manage its keys
- Configure the appropriate authorization for a service principal to deploy Azure resources
You should be familiar with:
- Creating and deploying basic Bicep templates.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resource definitions.
To follow along with the exercises in the module, you'll need: