You'll be able to deploy Desired State Configuration (DSC) extensions, implement those extensions to remediate noncompliant servers, and use custom script extension.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Azure automation.
- Implement Azure automation with DSC.
- Remediate noncompliant servers.
- Describe custom script extension.
- Configure a VM by using DSC extensions.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing the Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Common Windows Server management tools
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Entra ID
- Security-related technologies such as firewalls, encryption, and multi-factor authentication
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Automation and monitoring