Learn how developers write programs that run on the cloud, including how to deploy, be fault-tolerant, load balance, scale, and deal with latency.
In this module, you will:
- Evaluate different considerations when programming applications that run on clouds
- Evaluate different considerations when deploying applications on clouds
- Compare and contrast proactive and reactive measures for fault tolerance in cloud applications
- Describe the importance of load balancing in cloud applications and enumerate various methods to achieve it
- Enumerate the strategies and considerations in scaling cloud applications
- Motivate the case for minimizing tail latency and discuss the various strategies to reduce tail latency
- Describe the strategies to optimize total operational cost of using cloud services
In partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.