Learn about digital identities and how they can be managed and synchronized within an organization.
In this module you will:
- Explain the concept of digital identity and the purpose of a directory service
- Describe the purpose of users and user groups in an identity-management system
- Explain how synchronization and federation can be used to extend identities beyond organizational boundaries
- Discuss the advantages of using guest identities to authenticate users external to the organization
- Discuss the use of role-based access control (RBAC) to secure access to resources
This content is provided in partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.