To perform the process of ordering, storing, and using a company's inventory of raw materials, components, and finished products, you need to configure the inventory management functionality in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Inventory journals are used to post physical inventory transactions of various types, such as the posting of issues and receipts, inventory movements, the creation of bills of material (BOMs), and the reconciliation of physical inventory.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Understand inbound and outbound inventory operations.
- Configure inventory parameters.
- Configure tracking number groups.
- Configure inventory breakdown.
- Configure inventory and warehouse journals.
- Configure inventory dimensions.
- Configure inventory costing.
- Understand inventory closing and adjustments.
- Archive inventory transactions.
- Use movement journals.
- Use inventory adjustment journals.
- Use transfer journals.
- Use counting and tag counting journals.
- Use item arrival journals.
- Work with reason codes for inventory counting.