Select the most appropriate Windows Server administration tool for a given situation and learn how to use that tool.
Contoso, Ltd. is a financial services company in Seattle with major offices located throughout the world. Most of its compute environment runs on-premises on Windows Server. This includes virtualized workloads on Windows Server 2016 hosts.
Contoso IT staff are migrating Contoso on-premises servers to Windows Server 2022. As a Windows Server administrator, you are responsible for managing and maintaining the server infrastructure that will help Contoso achieve its business goals. You decide to investigate the available Windows Server administration tools, including Windows Admin Center, Remote Server Administration Tools, Server Manager, and Windows PowerShell.
After completing this module, you’ll be able to describe the different administration tools that are available to manage a Windows Server deployment, and select the appropriate tool for a given situation.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe Windows Admin Center.
- Describe how to use Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) to manage servers.
- Describe Server Manager.
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage servers.
- Explain how to use Windows PowerShell to remotely administer a server.
To get the best learning experience from this module, you should have knowledge and experience of:
- Windows Server.
- Basic security best practices.
- Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10.
- Working with command-line tools.
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.