Introduction to AI
AI enables us to build amazing software that can improve health care, enable people to overcome physical disadvantages, empower smart infrastructure, create incredible entertainment experiences, and even save the planet!
Watch the following video to see some ways that AI can be used.
What is AI?
Simply put, AI is the creation of software that imitates human behaviors and capabilities. Key workloads include:
- Machine learning - This is often the foundation for an AI system, and is the way we "teach" a computer model to make prediction and draw conclusions from data.
- Anomaly detection - The capability to automatically detect errors or unusual activity in a system.
- Computer vision - The capability of software to interpret the world visually through cameras, video, and images.
- Natural language processing - The capability for a computer to interpret written or spoken language, and respond in kind.
- Knowledge mining - The capability to extract information from large volumes of often unstructured data to create a searchable knowledge store.