In this module, you will focus on how to improve the network security for Windows Server infrastructure as a service (IaaS) virtual machines (VMs) and how to diagnose network security issues with those VMs.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Implement Network Security Groups (NSGs) with Windows Server IaaS VMs.
- Implement adaptive network hardening.
- Implement Azure Firewall.
- Implement Windows Defender Firewall in Windows Server IaaS VMs.
- Choose an appropriate filtering solution.
- Capture network traffic with Network Watcher.
To get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Managing Windows Server operating systems (OSs) and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Common Windows Server management tools
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server–based compute and storage technologies
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Azure
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication)
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Automation and monitoring