Consider constructing a wide area network (WAN) using software-defined Azure Virtual WAN networking services.
Contoso, Ltd. is a growing financial services company in London with major offices located throughout the world. Contoso is evaluating the adoption of a global transit network architecture. This network would be used to connect their growing number of distributed offices. It would also address the work-from-home initiatives, and control their cloud-centric modern, global enterprise IT footprint.
The IT director asked you to evaluate migrating to Azure Virtual WAN. You'll need to determine if the employees can have secure and approved access to the workloads gated behind on-premises devices and Azure services.
After completing this module, you’ll understand the basics of Azure Virtual WAN architecture and how to migrate to it.
In this module, you’ll:
- Evaluate the functionality of Azure Virtual WAN.
- Explain the purpose of the components of an Azure Virtual WAN.
- Evaluate the use of Azure Firewall and Azure Firewall Manager to secure the virtual WAN.
To get the best learning experience from this module, you should have:
- Intermediate-level knowledge of networking concepts such as:
- Beginner-level knowledge of Azure networking services including:
- Virtual networks
- Site-to-site VPN
- Point-to-site VPN
- Azure Firewall
- Azure regions
- Intermediate-level knowledge of security concepts such as:
- The zero-trust security model
- Identity management
- Role-based access controls
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.