Create a unified pipeline to deploy your entire environment. You'll add a build stage to your pipeline, and use pipeline artifacts and Bicep outputs to publish applications, databases, and blobs.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Deploy Azure infrastructure, applications, database scripts, and storage blobs from a single pipeline
- Use pipeline scripts and pipeline tasks to perform deployment steps
- Use pipeline artifacts to publish compiled files for your deployment pipeline stages to use
- Pass data from your Bicep files to other deployment steps by using outputs
You should be familiar with using:
- Bicep, including child resources, and how to deploy Bicep files to Azure.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resources.
- Basic Git commands, including cloning, committing files, and pushing changes to Azure Repos.
- YAML pipelines through Azure Pipelines, including multistage pipelines, environments, and service connections.
To work through the exercises in the module, you'll need:
- An Azure account, with the ability to create resource groups, Microsoft Entra applications, and service principals.
- An Azure DevOps organization and account.
To work through the exercises, you'll also need the following installed locally: