Create a unified workflow to deploy your entire environment. You'll add build jobs to your workflow, and use workflow artifacts and Bicep outputs to publish applications, databases, and blobs.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Deploy Azure infrastructure, applications, database scripts, and storage blobs from a single workflow
- Use workflow scripts and workflow actions to perform deployment steps
- Use workflow artifacts to publish compiled files for your deployment workflow jobs to use
- Pass data from your Bicep files to other deployment steps by using outputs
You should be familiar with using:
- Bicep, including child resources, and how to deploy Bicep files to Azure.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resources.
- Basic Git commands, including cloning, committing files, and pushing changes to GitHub.
- GitHub Actions, including jobs, environments, and secrets.
To work through the exercises in the module, you'll need:
- An Azure account, with the ability to create resource groups and Azure Active Directory applications.
- A GitHub account.
To work through the exercises, you'll also need the following installed locally: