Deploy your Bicep code to multiple environments to improve the quality of your deployments. Use pipeline templates to reduce code duplication, and set parameter values for each environment.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Deploy Bicep files to multiple Azure environments from a pipeline
- Use pipeline templates to avoid repetition
- Use and secure parameters for each environment
You should be familiar with using:
- Bicep, including creating and deploying basic files, parameter files, preflight validation, and the what-if operation.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resources.
- Basic Git commands, including cloning, committing files, and pushing changes to Azure Repos.
- YAML pipelines through Azure Pipelines, including multistage pipelines and service connections.
To work through the exercises in the module, you need:
- An Azure account that can create resource groups, Microsoft Entra applications, and service principals.
- An Azure DevOps organization and account.
You also need the following installed locally: