By using a serverless SQL pool in Azure Synapse Analytics, you can use the ubiquitous SQL language to transform data in files in a data lake.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Use a CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE AS SELECT (CETAS) statement to transform data.
- Encapsulate a CETAS statement in a stored procedure.
- Include a data transformation stored procedure in a pipeline.
Consider completing Use Azure Synapse serverless SQL pool to query files in a data lake before starting this module. You will need the following knowledge or experience:
- Familiarity with Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Experience using Transact-SQL to query and manipulate data.