Deploy Dynamics 365 Commerce
This learning path describes how to deploy Dynamics 365 Commerce environments and perform post-provisioning steps, for successful Commerce implementations using the correct topology for each retailer's business needs. It also covers how to extend Dynamics 365 Commerce.
- General knowledge of commerce runtime (CRT)
- Basic knowledge of retail processes
- General knowledge of basic navigation within Dynamics 365 Commerce
- General knowledge of Lifecycle Services, point of sales (POS) and the self-service installer
- General knowledge for Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) application
- General knowledge for Internet Information Services (IIS) and how to work with server certificates
- Access to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, and permissions to deploy an environment
- Microsoft Azure subscription as co-administrator
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Commerce extension components
Modules in this learning path
Dynamics 365 Commerce provides administrative capabilities, also referred to as the Commerce Headquarters component, which enables the configuration of products, employees, business processes, and other functionality that is required for the business. It is also an application that call center workers use to provide assisted Commerce-related workflows.
Data distribution in Dynamics 365 Commerce is based on Commerce Data Exchange, which transfers data between Commerce Headquarters (HQ) and the different channels.
Deploying a Dynamics 365 Commerce environment is different than deploying regular Dynamics 365 environments. Deploying a Commerce Scale Unit and e-Commerce, and ensuring correct post-provisioning steps in the Commerce Headquarters are typical components of a Commerce implementation.
One Version introduces a solution to the Dynamics 365 Commerce app’s software as a service (SaaS) update model to give customers the opportunity to update their environment with the latest hotfixes, improvements, and new functionality.
The Regression suite automation tool (RSAT) allows you to automate test validation for Dynamics 365 Commerce. It enables functional power users to record business tasks by using the test recorder and then convert them into a suite of automated tests to validate UI elements, data, and business processes.
The Dynamics 365 Commerce platform provides a rich software development kit (SDK) for developers to customize and add new features to the product. Commerce also provides a Module library. The Module library provides a set of ready-built modules, data actions, and themes that you can use for your e-Commerce site.