Unable to import Dynamics 365 solution or install an app because of web resource size
This article provides a solution to an issue where you can't import Dynamics 365 solution or install an app because of web resource size.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Online
Original KB number: 4499713
When attempting to import a Dynamics 365 solution or install an app, the import/install fails. If you're importing a solution from within the Dynamics 365 web application, you may see a reference to error code 8004f114. If you're installing an app from the administration center, you may only see a message indicating the installation failed.
If you've modified the attachment size limit within System Settings to be smaller than the default value of 5 MB, which can cause solution import to fail if it contains a web resource that is larger than the limit you've configured.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- As a user with the System Administrator security role, access the Dynamics 365 web application and navigate to Settings and then select Administration.
- Select System Settings and then select the Email tab.
- Locate the section titled Set file size limit for attachments to find the option Maximum file size.
- If the current setting is lower than the default limit of 5,120 kb, change the value back to 5,120 and then select OK.
- Try to import the solution again.